Color Country Corvette Club By-Laws
Revised March 12, 2019
The Color Country Corvette Club’s goal is to have “FUN” and promote friendship among members. We are a social club, driving and enjoying our Corvettes.
This club is a very diverse group; the club has no political or religious affiliations. The club is a not for profit organization.
Doug and Anne Rosa have been named Charter Members of the Color Country Corvette Club. This is in recognition of the Rosa’s efforts in founding the Club and their continued work on its behalf.
The club name is Color Country Corvette Club (abbreviated CCCC). This club is also known as Color Country Corvettes (abbreviated CCC), Color Country Corvettes of Southern Utah and Color Country Corvette Club of Southern Utah.
The Color Country Corvette Club logo cannot be changed. The Color Country Corvette Club logo was created when the club was formed in August, 2006. The club logo consists of the Delicate Arch and a C6 Corvette. The position of the C6 Corvette in front of the Arch is facing to the right when viewed. Below the C6 is: Color Country Corvettes, St. George, Utah. The only change that can be made is the color of the car when printing or embroidery is done. A digital copy of the logo is retained by the Board.
Board of Officers
The Board of Officers shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer/Governor and Membership Coordinator. The outgoing president shall be available as an advisor. The above positions will be referred to as the Board. The Board shall meet at least six times per year and meetings are open to all club members. Only Board members may vote on any business votes taken at the Board meetings.
If any Board member cannot perform his/her duties, described as missing two (2) or more consecutive Board meetings, then that member may be removed and a replacement may be appointed by the Board to fulfill the duties of the member being replaced until the next election. In the event of a Board member resigning his/her position, the Board may appoint a person to fulfill the duties, until the next election, of the resigning Board member.
1. Membership is open to anyone owning a Corvette and paying the Color Country Corvette Club’s and National Council of Corvette Clubs’ dues. All members shall conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all club functions. Any non-member may attend an event(s) at the discretion of the Board.
2. The membership roster is the property of the club and may only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. The roster shall NOT be made available to any non-members except the club sponsors.
3. Club meetings are to be held not less than once a yearly quarter. The locations and times shall be at the discretion of the President. The Board welcomes comments from all CCCC members. The membership year will begin on January 1 and end on December 31.
1. Club Membership dues cover from January 1st to December 31st of the membership year.
2. Club dues for the following year, for renewing members, are payable on Sept. 15th and are Past Due after November 15th of each year.
3. New members joining between January 1st and Sept. 14th, inclusive, pay dues at the time they join for the year they join.
4. New members joining between Sept. 15th and Dec. 31st, inclusive, receive a grace period and pay their new member dues only for the following year.
5. New Members dues are $70.00 for a single person (includes NCCC $35.00, Color Country Corvette Club $35.00) or $80.00 for a couple (includes NCCC $35.00, spouse $10.00, Color Country Corvette Club $35.00) per year. Dues are subject to change.
6. Renewing members’ dues are $60 for a single person and $70 for a couple. Dues are subject to change.
7. All dues must be paid by November 15th so the NCCC (National Council of Corvette Clubs) can complete their processing by January. Dues paid after the closing date of November 15th will be accessed a Club late fee of $10 plus an NCCC late fee of $10. Late fees are subject to change.
The NCCC provides us with liability insurance coverage for all club events and other benefits belonging to this 18,000+ member group of fellow Corvette owners. Dues are also used to provide new members with a name tag and the quarterly Blue Bars. (Blue Bars is an Official Publication of the National Council of Corvette Clubs, Inc.).
All Revenue received by the Treasurer shall be deposited into the CCCC checking account. All expenditures shall require an invoice and the signature of the Treasurer or President in order to be paid using CCCC funds. Both the current Treasurer and President shall have their signatures on file at the CCCC designated bank. The Treasurer and President shall meet at least semi-annually to review CCCC expenditure history to ensure the most efficient use of CCCC funds as well as bank balance accuracy. Any individual invoice totaling $1000 or more shall require a majority of the Board Members approval prior to payment
Election of Board of Officers
Any member interested in any Board position (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer/Governor or Membership Coordinator) must submit his/her name in writing, and the position he/she desires, to the Secretary between October 1 and October 21. These positions are open to all members in good standing. Nominations for members other than self must be approved by the nominee.
The Board shall request nominations at the November General Membership meeting for any Board position for which no candidate has submitted his or her name. Nominations for members other than self must be approved by the nominee. Nominations shall be voted on by the membership present at the November General Membership meeting via secret paper ballot which shall be submitted to and counted by a Board member and one member at large. No late votes shall be counted. The member receiving the most votes for a position shall be elected. Should no nominations for a position be received, the current Board member in that position may continue in that Board position irrespective of, and overriding, the terms of Article 9 Term Limits. All new officers shall be installed at the following January General Membership meeting. All officers must be regular members in good standing at the time they assume office.
The officers of the club shall consist of these: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer/Governor and Membership Coordinator. The length of term for each officer shall be one (1) year. No officer shall hold the same office for more than two (2) consecutive years. A Webmaster and Sunshine Person will be appointed by the Board and will serve uninterrupted until either resigns or the Board appoints a replacement.
Meetings & Voting
All club business that requires a vote, including officer elections and by-law changes, shall be voted upon at a members' meeting at which a quorum of regular members are present. A quorum shall be thirty percent (30%) of regular members as of the date of the meeting. Voting will be by secret paper ballot. For officer elections, the member receiving the most votes for a position will be elected. For by-law changes, a majority vote for or against will decide the outcome. Votes will be counted by a Board member and one member at large. All members will be given at least 20 days notice of an upcoming election or by-laws vote.
Color Country Corvette Club
Minutes of General Meeting held NOV. 12, 2019
President Jim Agar called the meeting to order at 7:03 P.M.
1. We all stood and recited the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and had a few moments of silence for our Veterans. Jim asked the Veterans to remain standing. Twelve club veterans were in attendance.
2. Jim Agar welcomed all members. Forty-eight members were in attendance.
3. The December 2nd Board Meeting will be held at Peter and Trish Spevak’s home at 2054 River of Fortune Drive, Sun River, St. George. All members are invited to attend. Please RSVP at 435-703-3272. PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO GENERAL CLUB MEETING IN DECEMBER.
4. Peter Spevak presented the Car of the Month framed photo to Jim and Diane Goodfellow who just sold their Corvette. Gil and Deanna Sorenson won the drawing for January’s Car of the Month. Peter also presented Gary and Darlene Odenwalder with a framed photo of their new ZO6 Vette.
5. Rick Miller passed out New Member Information booklets to Jess & Brigitte Hunsaker, George & Natalie Balogh, and Murray and Mary Sanford who are the newest members of the Club. We currently have 87 members.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our members who have November Birthdays! They are:
Joy Seebock, 11/2 Gil Sorenson, 11/13
Wanda Utash, 11/4 Barbara Clasen, 11/30
JJ Olson, 11/11
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our members who have December Birthdays! They are:
Linda Mueller, 12/2 Sandy Lindley, 12/21
Cindy Ripley, 12/9 Darlene Odenwalder, 12/26
Lynne Agar, 12/10 Melinda Jo Johnson, 12/30
6. Secretary’s Report. No corrections to the Minutes as posted in the Newsletter were received.
7. Doug Rosa gave the Treasurer’s Report. We currently have $3,525 in the bank. This will increase with further incoming membership dues renewals and decrease with money going to NCCC by month end.
8. Doug Rosa gave the Webmaster Report. Everything is current and up to date.
9. Sunshine Report: Bob Naquin has a detached retina. Gordon Frampton is 3 weeks in his radiation treatment for cancer.
10. Peter provided the Activities Report.
Derek Hall reported back about all the fun they had on the Page, AZ and Surrounds run. Ray lost his wallet and was reported travelling at a high rate of speed to recover it (which he did!). Derek also reported on how simple it was to set up a run BY arranging for a hotel and restuarants along the way. Twelve cars participated. Doug Utash also talked about this run and his amazing scenic boat ride on Lake Powell.
Peter said that 12 Corvettes attended the Charitable event with the Zion’s Harley-Davidson
Motorcycle people to support Wreathes Across America. Trish says we can participate in placing wreathes on veteran grave sites on Dec. 14th starting at 10:00 A.M. if we would like to participate. Peter said this is a very moving experience. Call Trish at (435) 703-3272 for details.
Peter than went through a separate schedule showing all the remaining Activities for the year. (See the
Activities Schedule on the CCC Website.) There is a whole lot of FUN planned in coming months.
Derek Hall said he is planning another run for some time in April to Monument Valley and Moab.
IMMEDIATE ACTIVITIES FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS INCLUDE (Check the website for more info):
Nov. 16th, Saturday, 1 to 5 P.M. Chile Cookoff at Legacy Clubhouse in Southgate. Directions coming out shortly from Peter. This promises to be a hoot! Remember, all you need to do to win is buy chile from Wendy’s, mix in a large Hershey bar and let the judges decide!
Nov. 21st, Thursday, Vettes and Caffeine at the Red River Roasting Company in LaVerkin. Meet at Terribles on Exit 13 at 9:00 A.M.
Nov. 23rd, Saturday, Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Derek Hall has two cars in this race. Admission is $15 per person. More info will be coming on this via a flyer by email.
Dec. 3rd, Tuesday, CCC Annual Christmas Party at the Ledges. Great entertainment and food have been arranged! See the flyer.
Dec. 7th, Saturday, Toys for Tots Show and Shine, 12-4 at Guru’s, Bluff Street and Sunset (the old Gunbarrell Restaurant). One unwrapped toy is cost of admission. Cash Donations are gratefully accepted for the kids. This even is one event we do with many other car clubs and is a great one to attend!
Peter also described 4 events being planned so far in 2020 that include:
CCCC Progressive Dinner, sometime in the Spring.
Feb. 2020, Rattlin’D Playhouse and dinner event.
April 7-9, 2020, Big run to Laughlin, NV – Oatman, AZ, Cool Springs, AZ on Route 66, Jet Boat Ride to London Bridge, Buddy Holly Tribute Show, and MORE. (Reservation info will be sent out soon!)
May 2020, Ely, NV run including Northern Nevada Railroad Museum, Great Basin National Park, and Lehman Caves.
Always check the CCC Website for information on future runs and a lot of photos of the fun we have had on past runs and events!
11. Old Business. None.
12. New Business. Dues are coming up and are $70 and must be paid by Nov. 15, 2019 or $20 penalties will be included in the renewal ($10 for NCCC and $10 for CCCC).
13. We have no further nominations for positions in the Club—only the single nomination for each position. Therefore, the Club Officers for next year are:
President: Jim Agar
Vice-President: Peter Spevak
Treasurer: Doug Rosa
Secretary: Dave Van Otten
Membership: Becky Suazo
Thank you to those willing to serve. Jim Agar also thanked Rick Miller for the great job he did last year as the Membership Director. Since Dave Van Otten is living 3 weeks each month in Northern Utah, the club is seeking a Co-Secretary to help record minutes at Board Meetings and Club Meetings when Dave cannot attend. Who will step up?
14. DIXIE DIRECT BOOKS: Doug picked up 50 books for Club members to buy/sell. They sell for $35 each with literally hundreds of dollars of discounts for restaurants and activities in the St. George area. The Club makes $17.50 for each book sold. So we will be able to add $875 to our treasury to be able to donate to charitable causes.
15. DRAWING: $150 was raised, $75.00 went to the Club Treasury, and two amounts of $37.50 were raffled off. Winners were: Terry Lindley and Mary Sanford. Then, a drawing was held for the prizes provided by our sponsor, Stephen-Wade Chevrolet. Winners of the prizes were:
John Johnson (How does he do it? He always wins!)
Jim Agar thanked Brian Weld of Stephen-Wade Chevrolet for the prizes.
SECOND REMINDER: THERE WILL BE NO GENERAL CLUB MEETING ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF DECEMBER. PLEASE GO TO THE DEC. 3RD CHRISTMAS PARTY AND ENJOY YOURSELVES INSTEAD!
16. Jim Agar Closed the Meeting at 7:52 P.M.Type your paragraph here.